Due to COVID restrictions on Victorian teachers attending face2face professional learning in February 2022, we have rescheduled the DISCOVERY conference to Thursday 24th March, 2022 from 4-9pm.
After consultation with teachers and educational leaders this conference will occur during ‘twilight hours’ to maximise accessibility whilst minimising the impact on school programs.
The conference will now be conducted online with each participant able to attend multiple electives ‘live’ on the evening.
Participants will have the opportunity to send in questions and areas they’d like presenters to consider and have these
addressed during the ‘live’ presentation. Anytime access will be granted for three months after the conference to allow delegates ample time to access the resources and incorporate into their own teaching and learning.
BENEFITS OF A TWILIGHT ONLINE FORMAT:
• Delegates can participate with minimal disruption to own evening/time
• No geographic barriers to attendance - increased regional/remote accessibility & decreased environmental impact
• Ability to engage with ‘live’ presenters and other delegates during sessions
• No disruption to school programs and thus decreased pressure on school staffing and no need for classes to be covered
• Possibility of delegates being provided with in-lieu time release by own schools
Schools who purchase the ‘School Registration Option’ option will gain access to all live sessions for unlimited staff, all resources and recordings in addition to the full suite of on demand sessions. This access will provide over 45 hours of HPE recordings from over 35 dynamic, high-quality presenters via live and on demand session
The conference program focuses on the contribution Health, Physical Education and Sport make to student achievement, engagement and wellbeing, in particular:
• Student centred pedagogies and creativity
• Meaningful integration of ICT in HPE
• Developing excellence in Teaching and Learning
• Student engagement and well-being
• Curriculum planning and assessment
• Personal and social learning
Discovery 2022 gives teachers from primary, secondary and special schools the opportunity to:
• Choose from 20 high quality ‘live’ elective workshops, which will all be recorded and available on demand post conference for 3 months
• Engage in 4 live, interactive sessions throughout the twilight conference
• Access the latest update and resources from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
• Participate in contemporary, inclusive and practical aspects of health, physical education and sport education.
• Access sessions tailored to the Australian and Victorian Curriculum or the VCE study designs
Plus for School registration option:
• Access to a world-renowned presenter delivering a keynote address on the latest evidence relating to learning in physical education
• Access an additional 27 pre-recorded sessions available ‘on demand’ post conference for 3 months
• Unlimited number of staff access to all sessions