Innovation and Excellence in Physical Education
In 2022 we have an incredible line up of academics, master teachers, mid-career teachers and young guns on the program. Every measure to ensure a COVID safe experience will be implemented and in the event of a change in delivery mode due to restrictions we are well placed to pivot and deliver all theory sessions virtually as per the highly successful 2021 conference. If we do pivot
to an online mode of delivery, we will ensure each participant gains access to all recordings and resources for the conference. Although you can only attend four sessions on the day you will be able to access the resources for all sessions run during the conference.
The conference program focuses on the contribution Health, Physical Education and Sport make to student achievement, engagement and wellbeing in particular:
• Student centred pedagogies and creativity
• Meaningful integration of ICT in HPE
• Developing excellence in Teaching and Learning
• Student engagement and well-being
• Curriculum planning and assessment
• Personal and social learning
Discovery 2022 gives teachers from primary, secondary and special schools the opportunity to:
• Choose from 48 high quality elective workshops
• Across 12 parallel streams per session
• Engage in 4 interactive sessions throughout the day
• Access to a world-renowned presenter delivering a keynote address on the latest evidence relating to learning in physical education
• Participate in contemporary, inclusive and practical aspects of health, physical education and sport education.
• Access sessions tailored to the Australian Curriculum and the Victorian Curriculum, VET or the VCE study designs
• Access over 50 dynamic high-quality presenters who will showcase their expertise and knowledge of health education, physical education, physical activity, health and wellbeing and sport education
• Sessions designed and delivered by teachers from all sectors and academics from RMIT, VU, Deakin, Swinburne, Macquarie, Federation and Monash Universities.
• Participate in sessions in world class function rooms and physical activity spaces
• Access magnificent catering for a face to face conference (or all recordings if face to face presentations are not permitted on the day due to public health advice)
• Gain access to all electronic materials for all conference sessions
In the event of an online delivery mode delegates will be able to access:
• 4 interactive sessions throughout the day
• All recordings for the online conference and resources provided by presenters
What teachers are saying about Peak
Thank you Amanda and Rob for your ongoing commitment to help teachers in our area to improve student outcomes. Your resources and PD sessions are by far the best ones I have attended and I encourage as many of my faculty to attend them as possible knowing the difference it will make within our school.