Innovation and Excellence in Physical Education
Join us for Discovery 2024
The Discovery conference entering its 15th Year in 2024 is the ultimate professional learning event in Melbourne focusing on innovative and evidence-based practice for teaching primary and secondary students in Health, Physical Education and Sport.
If you are interested in high quality professional learning, with dynamic presenters within a world class facility then this is the conference for you. In 2024, our program consists of an array of workshops and master classes, all using a 90-minute format. We have an incredible line up of academics, master teachers and industry experts on the program.
Although you can only attend three sessions on the day you will be able to access the resources for all sessions run during the conference. The conference program focuses on the contribution Health, Physical Education and Sport make to student achievement, engagement, and wellbeing, in particular:
• Student-centred and active pedagogies
• Planning and implementing effective teaching and learning
• Student engagement and well-being
• Curriculum planning and assessment
Discovery 2024 gives teachers from primary and secondary schools the opportunity to:
• Choose from 24 high quality 90min sessions, across 8 parallel streams per session
• Engage in 3 interactive sessions throughout the day
• Participate in contemporary, inclusive, and practical aspects of health, physical education and sport education.
• Access sessions tailored to the Australian Curriculum and the Victorian Curriculum, or the VCE study designs
Access over 25 dynamic presenters who will showcase their expertise and knowledge of health education, physical education, physical activity, health and wellbeing and sport education
Sessions designed and delivered by practicing teachers from all sectors, academics, and a range of key stakeholders
• Participate in sessions within world class function rooms (MCG) and physical activity spaces (National Tennis Centre) • Access magnificent catering for a face-to-face conference
• Gain access to all electronic materials for conference sessions
• Access to trade displays
A Guide to our session types:
Master class: A specialist session led by an expert/s that is designed to share knowledge and demonstrate its application that may be formally or informally structured.
Workshop (Practical sessions also included in this category) A smaller active session at which a group of people engage in intensive discussion and activity on a particular subject (e.g., redesigning your assessment or practical session).
What teachers are saying about Peak
Thank you Amanda and Rob for your ongoing commitment to help teachers in our area to improve student outcomes. Your resources and PD sessions are by far the best ones I have attended and I encourage as many of my faculty to attend them as possible knowing the difference it will make within our school.