Innovation and Excellence in Physical Education
Join us for Discovery 2023
The Discovery conference entering its 14th Year in 2023 is the ultimate professional learning event in Melbourne focusing on innovative and evidence-based practice for teaching primary and secondary students in Health, Physical Education and Sport. We cannot wait to return to a face-to- face format for the first time since 2020.
If you are interested in high quality professional learning,
with dynamic presenters within a world class facility then this is the conference for you.
In 2023, our program consists of an array of workshops, master classes, provocations and showcases, all using an 80 min format. We have an incredible line up of academics, master teachers, mid-career teachers and young guns on the program. Although you can only attend three sessions on the day you will be able to
access the resources for all sessions run during the
The conference program focuses on the contribution Health, Physical Education and Sport make to student achievement, engagement, and wellbeing, in particular:
• Student-centred and active pedagogies
• Meaningful integration of digital technology in
Health and Physical Education
• Developing excellence in teaching and learning
• Student engagement and well-being
• Curriculum planning and assessment
Discovery 2023 gives teachers from primary and
secondary schools the opportunity to:
• Choose from 27 high quality 80 min sessions
• Across 9 parallel streams per session
• Engage in 3 interactive sessions throughout the day
• Access to a world-renowned presenter delivering a keynote address on the latest evidence relating to active pedagogies
• Participate in contemporary, inclusive, and practical aspects of health, physical education and sport education.
• Access sessions tailored to the Australian Curriculum and the Victorian Curriculum, or the VCE study designs
• Access over 32 dynamic high-quality presenters who will showcase their expertise and knowledge of health education, physical education, physical activity, health and wellbeing and sport education
• Sessions designed and delivered by practicing teachers from all sectors, academics, and a range of key stakeholders.
• Participate in sessions within world class function rooms and physical activity spaces
• Access magnificent catering for a face-to-face conference
•Gain access to all electronic materials for conference sessions
• Access to trade displays
Prize Draw: All registrations received and paid by 23 December 2022 will go in the draw to win back your school’s registration fee. That means if a school has registered multiple staff, then that school would win back the whole registration fee for each staff member that was registered.
What teachers are saying about Peak
Thank you Amanda and Rob for your ongoing commitment to help teachers in our area to improve student outcomes. Your resources and PD sessions are by far the best ones I have attended and I encourage as many of my faculty to attend them as possible knowing the difference it will make within our school.